Premium publishers, ad networks, mobile operators and data providers now able to launch their own branded mobile ad exchange to maximise the value and security of their data and ad inventory.
London, 11th February 2015: Axonix, the mobile ad exchange backed by Telefónica and affiliates of Blackstone’s GSO Capital Partners, has today announced it is to launch the industry’s first technology platform that enables any organisation to launch their own mobile ad exchange. The Axonix White Label Ad Exchange gives premium publishers, ad networks, mobile operators and data providers the ability to set up their own self-branded programmatic trading environment. By creating a secure, transparent and privacy-friendly marketplace, partner organisations gain total control over how their ad inventory and data are traded, enabling them to extract maximum value.
When Axonix launched in April 2014 it was the first mobile advertising exchange to be owned and powered by a mobile network operator. Since then it has established a highly robust mobile trading platform, serving billions of ads a month from tens of thousands of publishers globally. Now Axonix is disrupting the industry again by empowering its supply-side partners to take total control over the programmatic sales of their ad inventory and data.
Axonix’s new White Label Ad Exchange equips organisations to take advantage of their user data to offer advertisers audience extension and retargeting campaigns across any publishers’ ad inventory – all within a totally secure infrastructure that they have full control over. Axonix’s advanced data security infrastructure, combined with highly customisable trading rules, enable the owner of each White Label Ad Exchange to determine the flow of their inventory and data to each demand partner. In addition to real-time bidding (RTB) auctions, Axonix’s trading rules support multiple alternative sales channels, including preferred trading relationships, programmatic direct sales and internal media sales teams.
The White Label Ad Exchange addresses many of the limitations of programmatic trading faced by premium publishers and mobile network operators today:
- The ability to configure and control what, how, with whom and at what price they sell different categories of inventory programmatically, whilst avoiding open exchanges;
- Full protection of the commercial value of their data and users’ privacy rights by maintaining strict User ID management and security protocols that ensure the data has no value beyond their own ad exchange ecosystem;
- Configuration of advanced trading rules to manage who gets to see what ad spaces and data fields, ensuring they protect their different sales channels, including direct sales;
- The option to extend their data’s reach and value by enriching ad inventory sourced through Axonix’s global inventory supply or by forming direct contracts with other publishers;
- Ready-made demand – start trading immediately with the 100+ global demand-side platforms already integrated within the Axonix platform, configuring the trading rules with each;
- No capital expenditure budget or software development resources required – Axonix provides the technology as a Platform-as-a-Service solution that is charged on a revenue share basis;
- By becoming the marketplace, the large (and often hidden) margins made by ad networks or third party exchanges are retained by the publisher.
Simon Birkenhead, CEO of Axonix, says: “The Axonix White Label Ad Exchange really is a ground-breaking new proposition – empowering publishers, ad networks and mobile operators to retain the maximum value from their inventory and data by operating their own programmatic marketplace. Our goal is to transfer the trading power back to the supply-side. A White Label Exchange equips publishers and networks with total control over how their inventory and data is represented programmatically through their own brand, eliminating the hidden margins retained by sales partners and maximising data security.” Axonix will provide this solution through Platform-as-a-Service agreements, minimising up-front costs and engineering time.
Axonix has a strong pipeline of partners globally who plan to launch White Label Exchanges over the coming months. Daniel Rosen, Telefónica’s Global Director of Advertising, says: “Axonix are a key partner for Telefónica’s advertising business. Their market-leading technologies provide a unique solution for premium publishers and mobile network operators to control how their valuable data and inventory is accessed by the market. Telefónica is committed at a global level to partner with and support Axonix to maximise our position within the fast-growing mobile advertising industry.”
Companies interested in exploring a White Label Ad Exchange solution with Axonix are invited to get in touch via email@example.com.